Credits & Acknowledgements
The 2014-15 California County Scorecard of Children’s Well-Being reflects the collective efforts of the entire organization.
Strategic direction, project oversight and communication strategy provided by: Jessica Mindnich, Ph.D., Kristi Schutjer-Mance, Ted Lempert, and Adrienne Bell
Research and data analyses conducted by: Ashley Roaseau and Jessica Mindnich, Ph.D.; with support from Abigail Petuchowski, Sierra Alef-Defoe and Koji Takahashi
Design consultation and project management by: Jennifer Hoffecker
Policy expertise provided by: Eduardo Aguilar, Debra Brown, Eileen Espejo, Kelly Hardy, Jessica Haspel, Susanna Kniffen, Kate Miller, Fatima Morales, Tim Morrison, Mike Odeh, Giannina Perez, Angela Rothermel, Ben Rubin, Brad Strong and Samantha Tran
Children Now would also like to thank the following for their contributions to the development and dissemination of the 2014-15 California County Scorecard of Children’s Well-Being:
- T. Kiku AnnonWestEd
- Kelvin Pollard and Jean D’AmicoPopulation Reference Bureau
- David Grant, Ph.D.University of California, Los Angeles, Center for Health Policy Research
- Meredith MiletCalifornia Department of Public Health, Environmental Health Investigations Branch, California Breathing
- Daniel WebsterPh.D., University of California, Berkeley, Center for Social Services Research
- Tia Shimada, MPHCalifornia Food Policy Advocates
- Johannes TroostCalifornia Department of Education, After School Division
Primary funding and support for the 2014-15 California County Scorecard of Children’s Well-Being is provided by The California Endowment.
Additional funding for this project is provided by: The Annie E. Casey Foundation, Pacific Life Foundation, and S.D. Bechtel, Jr. Foundation.
We thank the Annie E. Casey Foundation for their support and acknowledge that the findings and conclusions presented in this report are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Foundation.
Children Now Board of Directors
- Lenny Mendonca, ChairMcKinsey & Company (Retired)
- Jane K. Gardner, Chair EmeritusHarbour Strategic Consulting
- John Garcia, Vice ChairKaiser Permanente
- Mark T. Johnsen, TreasurerWealth Architects, LLC
- Nancy Murray, SecretaryPillsbury Madison & Sutro (Retired)
- Arnold AvalosAvolos Foundation
- Donna Friedman MeirWOW Explorations
- Natasha HoehnSilver Giving Foundation
- David G. JohnsonAct 4 Entertainment
- Gay KrauseFoothill College, KrauseCenter for Innovation
- Ted LempertChildren Now
- Tracey B. MonroeUBS Asset Management
- Jason SalzettiDeloitte Consulting LLP
- Grace K. WonFarella Braun + Martel LLP
- Holly L. Sutton, Of CounselFarella Braun + Martel LLP